|home message archive theme deviantArt Art Tags Reblog Blog Livestream next|
What would it be like if the U.S. was war torn like Syria? A new video by international NGO Save the Children imagines just that, through the eyes of a young girl:
The disturbing video features shots of the girl as she goes about her normal life over the course of a year. The video begins and ends with the child celebrating her birthday. Between shots, we see how her life changes dramatically as war ravages her country.
THIS IS SO IMPORTANT WHY DOES IT ONLY HAVE 32 NOTES
I really have no idea how to put this into words but I think this should be done. Some of my closest friends have known this and I feel like I should be telling of you guys now.
This week… has been a really drainful, hectic, stressful week. And it’ll probably be my last week to be goofing and drawing around ;u;
Now let’s start with every possible hectic thing that can happen to a girl in just one week.
1. I got the letter calling me to work. As you know, I’m about to be working as a medical doctor; doing my hell-ish internship for 2 years in the government hospital. I got the call, and I’ll be going to a some sort of ‘traini
I was tagged by Rae
I realized I have so many unanswered questions IMREALLYSORRY
So just saying that if you want a ‘faster’ reply might be on my dA ;u;, since message organization is way better there and i can keep track.
my canvas size is usually A4 size, 300 DPI
Meet my youngest cat, Patchy ;u;
She just wouldn’t let me use the tabby, coz obviously she won’t sleep anywhere unless I’m there (if we’re in my room) She can sleep practically everywhere downstairs =____=
She sumtimes watch Pewds or Cry with me lol.
p/s- and also if u notice, that’s my 5-6 year old lappy right there. It’s practically ancient lol!
I got a Tumblr so I could post all the little doodles and unfinished scribbles I’m too embarrassed to put on a “”“professional”“” art-site like deviantArt. Except… I’m still too embarrassed to post my unfinished stuff.
There has been a terrible lack of posts recognizing the Philippine Typhoon and that’s why I’m making this post. The Philippines just had the WORST typhoon in history called, Haiyan. Now if you have no idea about the severity, the wind speeds of this typhoon was about 250 mph, which is THREE AND A HALF TIMES THE SPEED OF THE WINDS OF HURRICANE KATRINA. imagine the damage Katrina did to the US, a developed country. The Philippines is a Third world country. Most of the people in this country live in SHACKS MADE OUT OF TRASH. It is estimated that about 10,000 PEOPLE DIED. Dead bodies literally litter the streets and are STUCK IN TREES. IF YOU GIVE ANY SHITS TODAY ABOUT FELLOW HUMANITY YOU BETTER REBLOG THIS. IM NOT ONLY DOING THIS BECAUSE MY FAMILY IS FILIPINO BUT BECAUSE THIS STORM WAS THE WORST IN HISTORY. GOD BLESS THE SOULS LOST THERE. My parents were seriously almost on the verge of tears and almost screaming. We didn’t lose anybody in our family, but it has got to hurt to know that the place you came from is IN SHAMBLES. Pls spread this if you care
I have a lot of Filipino friends and people I cherish a lot! If you could donate to the cause that would be great!
PLEASE HELP! Here are some links to donate:
HOW THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY CAN HELP
- donations via the Philippine Red Cross (including PayPal)
- donations via Habitat for Humanity
- donations via ANCOP Foundation USA
- eta: donations via UNICEF Philippines
- eta2: donations via CARE Australia
- eta2: donations via Caritas Internationalis
- eta2: donations via GMA Network (credit card, cash, check)
- eta2: donations via World Vision
- eta2: donations via AmeriCares
- eta2: donations via Samaritan’s Purse (Canada)
- eta2: donations via Canadian Red Cross (or you can text REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 to donate $5)
FOR THOSE IN THE PHILIPPINES
- text donations via Globe
- Red Cross and DSWD relief operations (infographic)
- list of ongoing relief operations via Rappler
- donations via ABS-CBN News
- eta: relief operations via University of the Philippines
- eta: relief operations via the Department of Education
- eta: pick-up locations for donations via Air 21